JBT’s multi-bridge gates offer a superior passenger experience and functionality by modernizing boarding operations
Functionality, flexibility, and advanced software design. These are core features of JBT’s high-tech Jetway® boarding bridges. Offering an abundance of premium features, our multi-bridge gates will allow you to dock to multiple aircraft doors from a single gate, effectively managing the flow of passengers, crew, and supplies. With multiple Jetway bridges at the gate, you have greater flexibility in managing precious terminal space and improving the customer experience. Our bridges are customizable, allowing you to tailor them to your specific requirements. Adaptable in both functionality and aesthetic design, they’re able to seamlessly integrate into your airport layout plans.
By allowing passengers to access up to three aircraft doors, you’ll be able to facilitate faster and more effective passenger transit and aircraft service. This will not only reduce wasted time; it will improve passenger experience and reduce aircraft turn times.
When it comes to developing effective, user-focused terminal equipment, we never settle for “good enough.” JBT has gone above and beyond by incorporating sophisticated, state-of-the-art technology into our bridges. Extensive protective sensors and user-friendly touch-screen and joystick controls allow you to have greater control of your boarding operations.
Features & Benefits
With JBT’s JetDock automated docking technology, driving and docking a Jetway has never been easier. Our solutions are designed to combine cutting-edge automation and versatility with robust strength. Integrated functionality and durability help to boost your measurable productivity, preserve equipment longevity, and increase resale value.
Our boarding bridges are manufactured using advanced engineering techniques and durable materials, designed to be customizable and configurable to your needs and compatible with other point-of-use gate equipment such as pre-conditioned air units and 400 Hz ground power devices.
JBT boarding bridges are feature-rich, bringing exceptional long-term value to your gate operations:
- Weather-resistant – Crowned roofs and continuously welded steel seams reliably prevent water accumulation, leaks, and corrosion.
- Integratable – You can mechanically, electrically, and electronically mesh equipment like GPUs and PCAir to create unified gate solutions.
- Durable – Robust steel construction with double-ply canopy closures, sleeved rotunda bearings, solid tires, and more guarantees superior equipment longevity and can support thousands of pounds of people and equipment.
- Technologically advanced – Cutting-edge features maximize operational efficiency via integrated automation, smart power management, real-time diagnostics, and more.
- User-friendly – JetDock automation, video monitoring, and other intuitive operator-assistance options minimize training requirements and enable smoother, faster dockings.
- Flexible – Apron Drive for maximum gate adaptability accommodates changes in aircraft mix.
- Safe – Electronic and mechanical limits to control-bridge motions, proximity sensors, bridge-cab cameras, seamless compatibility with VDGS Docking Systems, and more ensure operator and aircraft protection.
Passenger boarding bridges are designed by highly skilled, licensed Professional Engineers and built by welders who are certified to AWS D1.1 standards. With JBT, your jetway is NFPA compliant and tested for electrical connectivity, bridge movement, and fit in our ISO 9001-certified factory.
Boarding Bridges To Meet Your Needs
Your JBT Jetway gives you incredible flexibility in design, functionality, and aesthetics. It can adapt to variations in operations, gate layouts, and aircraft and can be customized as needed to meet environmental considerations.
Our Jetway bridges can match the appearance and design of the rest of your terminal, and there are a variety of structural design choices:
- Two- and three-tunnel designs give you a wide range of extend and retract options to accommodate narrow, wide, and jumbo airplanes. Meanwhile, bridges with cab design and low-reach capability are suitable for regional aircraft.
- Multi-bridge gate configurations enable you to service multiple aircraft doors simultaneously.
- Elevating rotundas and walks allow you to service main- and upper-deck aircraft doors, making moving people between different levels of the terminal building with a single bridge a cinch.
- Choose between electro-mechanical or hydraulic lift columns.
- Jetway bridges are available in corrugate, smooth, and glass options.
Premier Upgrade Options
Beyond basic adaptability, Jetway bridges are also available with several strategic upgrades that add further functionality and efficacy to your boarding system. These include:
- JetDock – This automated docking system adds further precision and time-saving capabilities. Just one press of a button and you’re up and running!
- iOPS – This equipment-monitoring software is accessible anywhere from your laptop or mobile device and provides immediate information on the status of your gate performance.
- AmpTek – JBT has always been at the forefront of sustainable energy. With AmpTek, you can utilize excess power at the gate to support battery charging mechanisms for electric GSE.
JBT – Your Partner in Aviation Gate and Ground Support
For more than 60 years, JBT has been innovating and pushing the limits of what’s possible in aviation and ground support equipment and technology. Our cutting-edge products are used around the world and trusted for their reliability and convenience. But we offer more than just top-of-the-line equipment.
We strive to build long-term, collaborative partnerships with our clients, working together to solve the industry’s toughest challenges. By taking the time to truly understand your business and its goals, we’re able to better serve you both today and in the future.
Superior Solutions, Expert Support
Our decades of industry experience and our ongoing commitment to innovation and excellence make us an invaluable asset to your business and a key player in its future success. Our team has the knowledge and expertise you need to take your operations to the next level.
When you choose to work with JBT, you’ll have round-the-clock access to our expert support staff and an array of industry resources. Together, we can take your business to new heights. Contact us today to learn more about our robust AeroTech offerings and solutions.