Oshkosh AeroTech knows that stellar gate and ground support equipment are only part of the equation for peak efficiency and customer satisfaction. Intelligent software is another big component. iOPS – innovative equipment and operations monitoring, tracking, and diagnostic software for gate and ground support equipment – is another major piece of the algorithm.
iOPS, Oshkosh AeroTech’s fleet management system, gives you insightful, actionable, real-time information that enables you to oversee all the shifting elements of your airport operations. It’s available for your gate equipment as well as your mobile GSE. Conveniently, iOPS makes this data available at your fingertips – on your laptop or mobile device – so you can engage anytime, from anywhere.
Managing Gate Equipment for Optimal Outcomes
Passenger experience at the gate and on the aircraft is paramount, and smooth operations and functional equipment are essential for a happy customer. iOPS is a vital part of ensuring customer satisfaction, equipping you with.
- Real-time status, use, and diagnostic information for your gate equipment
- Telematics on use and aircraft turn metrics
- Diagnostic details (down to the component level!) of your airport gate equipment
- Remote access to information on your gate management operations
- Gate availability information
- Faster repair times for equipment through deep diagnostics
- Improved operator performance through activity monitoring
With iOPS, passenger flow on and off the aircraft is improved, wait times are reduced, and customer satisfaction is enhanced.
Monitoring Ground Support Equipment (GSE) in the Field
With iOPS, GSE fleet management has never been so easier. Even with cargo loaders, tractors, and deicers spread out from one end of your airport to the other – you’ll be able to follow them, keep them secure, check their vital statistics, and monitor use.
- Real-time systems and performance information on your deployed GSE
- Critical metrics on fuel, engine temperature, drive speed, collisions, etc.
- Diagnostic information for faster repair and timely maintenance
- Geo-location and geo-fencing capabilities
- Enhanced GSE operations security with Operator Access Control
Minding Ground Operations – Your Way
With iOPS, you can keep tabs on your airport operations in ways that work for you. With Oshkosh AeroTech’s iOPS, you can:
- Get gate and GSE telematics on your mobile phone, tablet, and PC
- Customize reports, histories, and screens to suit your needs
- Access comprehensive airport ground operations data at your fingertips
- Remotely manage assets and operations as needed
Features & Benefits
iOPS is loaded with features to help you dominate daily airport logistics. Here’s what you can expect with iOPS in place:
- Achieving more with your team – Enhanced diagnostic tools help you to maximize the efficiency of your operations and personnel. Technicians can troubleshoot problems and plan repairs remotely. Technicians have clarity of what the problem is likely to be, the tools needed, the manpower needed, and the parts needed before getting to the job site. All this means fewer trips across the tarmac, fewer service calls, and faster resolution.
- Optimizing training – Daily operations can be monitored and measured, so it’s easier to identify training needs. Skilled workers can tend to a larger fleet of equipment and remotely assist others with maintenance and repairs. Plus, access controls limit operators to only using equipment for which they have authorization.
- Reducing nuisance calls – Improved operations, controlled access, and technical expertise applied more broadly across the airport means fewer issues and complaints due to operator errors and equipment failures.
- Being more environmentally responsible – Fully functioning GSE and gate equipment run better, which reduces waste. It does this by minimizing aircraft turn times at the gates, efficiently utilizing machinery, modulating power, and so on. This saves fuel and other material resources.
- Improved passenger experience – When equipment and operations are in fine form, you’re able to serve your customers better. They’ll enjoy more pleasant environments, fewer delays, etc.
Want to know more? Contact us today with your questions about iOPS features or how they benefit your operations.